2014 Interior Awards: Entries open
Submissions to the third annual Interior Awards, presented by Interior magazine and recognising excellence in interior architecture and spatial design, are now being sought.
Online entries for Interior Awards 2014 are open at www.interiorawards.co.nz
Finalists will be announced 30 April and will be required to make themselves available for a live presentation to jury over 14 and 15 May. An awards function will be held in June.
A cash prize of $6,000 will be awarded to the Supreme winner.
A cash prize of $1,000 will be awarded to the Emerging Design Professional winner.
The Supreme winner as well as all category winners and finalists will receive bespoke trophies.
The winter (June) issue of Interior will feature coverage of winners and their winning projects. Winning entries will also be featured and recognised across AGM’s digital platforms and relevant industry magazines, and form permanent additions to the ArchitectureNow awards gallery.
The award categories for 2014 are:
- Retail: Shops, retail outlets, showrooms, department stores, food markets, hairdressers, doctors and dentists’ rooms
- Hospitality: Cafes, bars, restaurants, motels, hotels, boutique lodges, day spas, casinos, clubs, cinemas, fitness centres
- Workplace: Offices, studios, warehouses, factories
- Civic: Galleries, museums, concert halls, theatres, exhibition venues, places of worship, educational institutions, hospitals, libraries, community centres, consulates, law courts, parliamentary buildings, airports, railway stations, port and ferry terminals
- Installation: Temporary installations and structures, set design, galleries and museum exhibitions
- Emerging Design Professional: Open to entrants 35 years of age or under
- Craftsmanship: This entry recognises a bespoke object or solution that has been created specifically for a project.
3 finalists will be selected from each category, with one winner emerging from each. Category winners of Retail, Workplace, Hospitality, Civic and Installation will then vie for the coveted Supreme award.
Meet the 2014 judges and sponsors here.
- Entries close: Friday, 18 April
- Finalists announced: 30 April, 2014
- Finalists present live to jury: 14 and 15 May, 2014
- Awards and networking evening: June, 2014 (date TBC)
Further information can be found on the Interior Awards website.
Watch video highlights of the 2013 Interior Awards and Networking Evening.
Magazines, events and online properties that champion New Zealand design, architecture, landscape and building sectors.Learn more